Today on the Room to Grow podcast I’m speaking with Melanie Knights.
Melanie is a former fat loss coach, turned business coach and productivity junkie helping emerging female entrepreneurs to accelerate their business to consistent monthly income, without having to work 24/7. She lives in the UK with her husband and son, but their hearts are in North Carolina and have a 5-year plan to emigrate to the mountain views of Asheville NC.
Most days you will find Melanie in her home office fuelled with caffeine and country music, whilst she coaches her clients or batches her business weeks in advance so that she can enjoy quality time with her family.
Melanie was incredibly open and really shared her heart with us on this episode, and I can’t wait for you to get to know her and learn from all of her expertise!
I had all kinds of questions for Melanie of my own, because I regularly struggle with setting a to-do list that is longer than I could probably hope to complete in a year, which can be quite overwhelming. She walks us through getting focused and clear so that we can figure out what’s not only in full alignment with our desires, but our bigger purpose.
Some of the main takeaways:
1.Time management is not real, in fact time is not even real – it is our relationship with time which affects our ability to be productive. Time is energy, and when we open ourselves up to more of it, and become honest about our 24-hours we find pockets of time.
2. Setting priorities with intention before you set goals gives your personal/professional goals more meaning.
3. You don’t need to know every detail of where you are going or how you are going to achieve your goals, but belief that it is possible and the passion to create something incredible will fulfil you and keep the fire burning whilst you figure it out.
We also talked about:
- Mental and emotional effects of significant fat loss
- How personal growth/development is contagious
- Focusing on your bigger purpose to accomplish the most important tasks and learning to prioritize appropriately
- Mindful productivity and how perfectionist tendencies can take over
- How to measure success
- Pomodoro technique of time management
- To-do lists set us up for failure
- Some of the biggest differences between the corporate world and entrepreneurship when it comes to completing tasks
Melanie shares some absolute gold in this episode that you can take action on immediately and implement right away for amazing results.
[post continued below]
Facebook Group: The Goal Getter Network
Want to chat more and do a deeper dive into this topic? The Room to Grow Podcast Facebook group is a judgement-free safe space to open up, and I’d love to welcome you in with the other amazing women in the group. It’s a great place to go for a little extra support, and I’m going to be talking about anxiety and mental health more often in there. See you over there!
And, if you can take a screenshot of this episode and tag me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoach I would absolutely love to connect with you and thank you for listening in real life! It makes me day to see you listening to the podcast and fills me up with pure joy. Seriously. See you on the ‘gram!