I can’t wait for you to meet today’s guest!
Tory Eletto is Licensed Marriage and Family therapist born and raised in New York. She combines her expertise with refreshing vulnerability to inspire growth. If you’re ready to get honest and lean in, you simply MUST check her out on Instagram @nytherapist.
I found Tory through her Instagram, and each post she puts up is incredibly thoughtful and usually stops me in my tracks to make me think. Some of the topics that she and I discuss today are ones that I reached out to her about because I was fascinated by her perspective and insights, and you’re going to walk away from this episode with a whole new understanding of how you react to particular situations, and what you can do to become more intentional.
We discuss everything from:
- How we become a product of our systems and what we can do to shift
- Recognizing our own stories
- Unpacking that whole concept of “never go to bed angry”
- Practicing the pause when it comes to making decisions and being less “reactive” when we’re triggered
- How to implement this kind of practice in the heat of the moment
- Comparative pain and breaking down the difference between gratitude and being a martyr
- The differences between empathy and sympathy
- One of my favourite topics: boundaries!
- Examining what we tolerate – from others, from ourselves, and in our everyday lives
This episode is going to open you up to a new way of conducting yourself in relation to others, and it’s a juicy discussion! Can’t wait to hear what you think.
Brene Brown on the difference between empathy and sympathy:
Private Facebook Group: Room to Grow Podcast
Facebook: @ Emily Gough Coaching
PLUS! Want to be a badass podcast guest? You’re going to want to grab this highly requested guide walking you through every step of the way to have your interviewers begging you to come back on, and the listeners wanting to learn everything they can from you! Grab your guide HERE.
Questions? Comments? Want to connect and chat? You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or DM me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoach with any questions, comments, or takeaways! Plus, I would absolutely love to connect with you and thank you for listening in real life. It makes me day to see you listening to the podcast and fills me up with pure joy. Seriously. See you on the ‘gram!