**If you haven’t yet listened to episode #117 The 9 Year Affair: Lessons in Infidelity, I strongly recommend checking it out first as a prerequisite for this episode**
I’m a little bit nervous to release this episode, because I was a *little* bit more candid than I intended to be 😂
Christina Montalvo and I have teamed up for our monthly joint episode that airs the last Thursday of each month, and today’s is different than usual. Not only is it longer than our normal 60 minute episodes (but I promise it’s worth the listen), it’s even more personal and raw than is standard for us.
We’re talking about some of the after-effects of dealing with the fallout after finding out about the 9-years of infidelity that was happening behind my back in my previous relationship.
I need to stress something here: this process healing through this entire journey has not been pretty. I’ve had a lot of people reach out to me since I went public with my story commending me for how I have handled things, and I’m so appreciative for the kind words and support. But I think it’s very important to be incredibly transparent with you that I have had absolute rock-bottom moments, some of which I detail on this episode so that you can have a better understanding of what this has looked like.
Some of the things we’re covering:
- When healing has looked incredibly ugly and painful: like my reaction when I found out about the secret house 170 meters from our driveway.
- Some previously un-shared details that I never thought I would chat about publicly and a more open conversation than I planned on having around some very raw moments that have come with this process as it was unfolding in real time
- How to support a friend going through a massive, life-altering crisis
- When and how to listen, and when to offer advice
- Showing up in the way your FRIEND needs you to – not the way you necessarily would want to be supported, we all have an individual process
- Christina has been here for every single moment and detail of all of this right beside me and provided me a safe space to fall when I thought I couldn’t get out of bed in the morning – even with an international border separating us
- We’re also going through some ways that you can move through your own healing process from any major issue that you’re struggling with (that don’t involve flying as far from one’s home country as possible)
Christina and I join forces at the end of every month to do a joint episode that airs on both of our podcasts, so if you love these episodes make sure to check out our previous ones:
Iron Phoenix Strength Club outside Chicago, Illinois
Want to join the conversation or connect with Emily? Connect below!
Facebook: @ Emily Gough Coaching
PLUS! Want to be a badass podcast guest? You’re going to want to grab this highly requested guide walking you through every step of the way to have your interviewers begging you to come back on, and the listeners wanting to learn everything they can from you! Grab your guide HERE.
Questions? Comments? Want to connect and chat? You can email me at email@example.com, or DM me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoach with any questions, comments, or takeaways! Plus, I would absolutely love to connect with you and thank you for listening in real life. It makes me day to see you listening to the podcast and fills me up with pure joy. Seriously. See you on the ‘gram!