Have you ever been on the way to work and wished for a traffic jam just to put off your arrival? That moment when start to feel like your career just isn’t the right one for you is where Melissa comes in.
Melissa Macis a career development professional who has helped hundreds of men and women over the past 10 years break through barriers to help them move forward into more meaningful careers. She’s a multi-preneur, running her own private career coaching business and she has recently launched Define + Design Co, a career and brand management company with her partner to provide support to more women who just need that extra little boost.
Melissa is passionate about helping people find their best fit in a career that fully aligns with what they want life to look like, and I’ve learned so much from her!
Some areas covered:
- Work/life balance and whether the concept even exists.
- Figuring our your priorities and where you want to be spending your time
- Being a millennial and how things have shifted in the career market, and how to thrive in what has become a very different world than the one our parents grew up in.
- The importance of a brand: who needs a brand, why it’s so important and what it involves
- Using LinkedIn as a business owner/entrepreneur or simply as another tool to further your career
- What to post online (or what to avoid) given that every employer is going to do a thorough Google search on you
Facebook Group: Define and Design Co
Want to chat more and do a deeper dive into this topic and get access to live videos, exclusive guest appearances and discussions? The Room to Grow Podcast Facebook group is a judgement-free safe space to open up, and I’d love to welcome you in with the other amazing women in the group. It’s the best place to go for a little extra support. See you over there!
And, if you can take a screenshot of this episode and tag me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoach I would absolutely love to connect with you and thank you for listening in real life! It makes me day to see you listening to the podcast and fills me up with pure joy. Seriously. See you on the ‘gram!