Obstacles are always going to come up in life, especially when it comes to building a business or your ever-evolving health.
And they can feel incredibly discouraging. That block in the road at the most inconvenient times can leave you feeling like giving up and throwing in the towel.
But I’m here to tell you that there are ways to use obstacles that come up to your advantage.
In the episode, we cover:
- Everything is a matter of perception, and your perception determines your reality.
- Managing expectations to build confidence and resilience to better prepare you for the next obstacle.
- Why obstacles can be our greatest gift.
- The perceptions that others have of our obstacles: using that as motivation to fuel and propel you forward.
- What to do if you have a tendency to get sucked down a negative spiral when an obstacle stands in your way.
- Anticipating what might go wrong and using that to build confidence in your own abilities
I’m also sharing some personal stories around big obstacles that I’ve faced that have led to some of the best things in my life happening. Make sure to tune in for all the details!
Have you hit some obstacles or roadblocks and not sure how to handle them?
AUDIT YOUR NUTRITION & LIFESTYLE
I’m offering a handful of FREE 30 minute calls to audit your nutrition and lifestyle, because the two are so closely connected that we need to examine both to get you the change you want.
I can help you crack open some of those old habits so that you can start practicing new ones ASAP. Stop waiting for someone to give you permission, or for the “right time,” whatever that looks like. There’s no better time than right now, and that way you have new habits you can practice over the holidays and start the new year feeling better than ever, rather than bloated and guilty.
You deserve this. You deserve to stop giving up on yourself.
Want to chat more and do a deeper dive into this topic and get access to live videos, exclusive guest appearances and discussions? The Room to Grow Podcast Facebook group is a judgement-free safe space to open up, and I’d love to welcome you in with the other amazing women in the group. It’s the best place to go for a little extra support. See you over there!
And, if you can take a screenshot of this episode and tag me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoach I would absolutely love to connect with you and thank you for listening in real life! It makes me day to see you listening to the podcast and fills me up with pure joy. Seriously. See you on the ‘gram!
Room to Grow Podcast, episode #34: Stop Quitting on Yourself