Today’s guest has valuable insights that we can all benefit from in our relationships, particularly if you’ve ever dealt with any type of infidelity, or even if you’re simply looking to make your relationship even healthier – even, and especially, if that means the relationship you have with yourself.
I’m thrilled to have hosted the incredible Renelle E Nelson on the podcast this week! Renelle is an infidelity/intimacy recovery Strategist assisting individuals and couples with healing from the residue of betrayal and learning how to reconnect back to themselves, life, relationships and pleasure. Renelle is a Licensed marriage and family therapist and also a certified sex therapist and coach. She has been assisting individuals and couples with change for over 10 years.
In episode 117 about the 9 year affair my former partner was having, I referenced Renelle and her quote, “we all eat lies when our hearts are hungry.” It was one of the parts of the episode that seemed to touch people on a deep level, and many people mentioned to me how much that quote impacted them and would stand out in their memories for years to come.
Just a handful of the things we discuss on this episode:
- Calming the emotional storm that happens post-affair before any major decisions are made
- Healing the trauma that comes from our previous relationships, especially when it comes to infidelity, so that we don’t carry that into our next relationship and make a new partner pay for past trauma that had nothing to do with them
- Breaking apart the storybook idea we have of relationships and instead examining the real work that has to happen to create happy, healthy partnerships
- Opening the lines of communication in WHOLE NEW WAYS and “affair-proofing” your relationship as much as possible, while also recognizing that no one is immune to infidelity
- The many different forms betrayal can take, including of ourselves
- And incredible quotes from Renelle, like “you date at the level of your self esteem.” MIC DROP.
There are some sound issues in the first and last portion of the episode that seemed to be unable to be ironed out, but the information contained in this episode and learning from the incredible Renelle is far too valuable to miss.
Jump over to the latest episode and be sure to connect with Renelle below to leave her some love!
CONNECT WITH RENELLE
Want to join the conversation or connect with Emily? Connect below!
CONNECT WITH EMILY
Facebook: @ Emily Gough Coaching
PLUS! Want to be a badass podcast guest? You’re going to want to grab this highly requested guide walking you through every step of the way to have your interviewers begging you to come back on, and the listeners wanting to learn everything they can from you! Grab your guide HERE.
Questions? Comments? Want to connect and chat? You can email me at email@example.com, or DM me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoach with any questions, comments, or takeaways! Plus, I would absolutely love to connect with you and thank you for listening in real life. It makes me day to see you listening to the podcast and fills me up with pure joy. Seriously. See you on the ‘gram!