Rachel Devine is an award-winning holistic aesthetician from Hamilton, Ontario and is the formulator of R Devine Organic Skin Care, an all-natural, holistic skin care line. Rachel takes a much different approach to her spa services and products, focusing on both internal and external health as well as mindfulness, making self care the most natural part of your day.
I LOVE this skincare line. Full disclosure, I didn’t have much of a skincare routine at all prior to coming across Rachel and her products, and they’ve totally transformed how I care for my face and skin.
When I turned 30, I started thinking more seriously about how to care for my skin, and since switching over to R Devine Skin Care, I can honestly say my skin has never looked or felt better! It’s softer than it has ever been, completely clear and downright glowy. Some of my favourite products I use every day:
- Sacred Garden: Makeup Remover and Facial Cleanser
- Sacred Calm: Soothing Facial Cleanser and Serum
- Sacred Botanicals: Hibiscus Facial Exfoliant and Mask
- Bright Soul: Hydrating Eye Serum
[FYI: I am not an affiliate, just a really big fan!]
One of the big takeaways from this episode with Rachel that shocked me was this stat:
“54% of women over the age of 25 experience adult acne.”
One of the biggest issues that many women are facing is adult acne, and while products like Rachel’s go a long way towards that issue, there is so much more we need to be doing for our skin to fix things from the inside out.
This episode is JAM-PACKED with incredible info! Some of the things you’ll learn:
- What oil cleansing is and why it’s so amazing for the skin (even if it seems counter-intuitive!)
- Importance of exfoliation
- Why your skin appears oily, and how oil cleansing will actually rebalance your skin
- Differences between food allergies and intolerances and how that affects skin
- Eating “healthy” doesn’t mean that you aren’t eating something your body doesn’t like
- Differences between conventional and all-natural skin care
- Managing adult acne and how to deal
- Learning to listen to your body and paying attention to what’s working and what isn’t
- How stress is impacting your skin
- The full, holistic approach to skin care and why self care is so key
“All skin types can benefit from oil cleansing.” – Rachel Devine
Oil has smaller molecules that allows for better and deeper cleansing, and it means that you wash your face with oil and wipe it off with a damp cloth. What’s most interesting to me is the way Rachel describes how jojoba oil behaves as a soap on the skin, even though most of us think of soap as needing to foam, and breaks down how oil cleansing will make your skin feel and look better than ever.
If you’re local to Hamilton, Ontario here in Canada you can find a local shop that carries R Devine Skin Care. And if you’re in North America, you can order online to have the products shipped right to your door!
Facebook @ R Devine Organic Skin Care
Some additional resources:
And, join the party! Did you know about the Room to Grow Podcast Facebook group? It’s the community I’ve created for like-minded women who want to grow and learn from each other, and we even have a bi-monthly book club. I pop in daily with strategies, tips, trainings and sometimes even bring guests live into the group. See you in there!
Plus, I’d be honoured if you would take a screenshot of the podcast and tag me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoach! That way I can get to know you a little better and thank you in real life 😉