“There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.” -Rumi
This has been one of my favourite quotes for several years, and has spoken to me on an even deeper level after realizing how much I had been ignoring my intuition for years.#The9YearAffair
Our bodies are talking to us constantly, and we experience emotions DIRECTLY in the body.
One simple way to start getting in touch with your intuition is to begin taking a closer look at your various relationships and checking in with yourself to see how they make you feel.
For example, when you’re around certain people, do you get a pit in the bottom of your stomach, or your stomach clenches?
- Does your jaw or your fists tighten?
- Does your throat feel tight?
- Do you get a headache?
- Do you get butterflies?
- Do they make you smile without even trying?
- Do you feel light or heavy when they’re around?
- When you complete the interaction with them, how’s your energy? High or low?
- And how is it compared to before you interacted with them? Do you feel angry or resentful and you’re not sure why?
Your intuition is talking to you. Are you listening?
For more on this topic, check out episode 120, Listening to Your Intuition & Tuning Into Gut Instinct: The Mind / Body Connection.