We all know that we need to be doing more to protect the environment from further erosion and to do something, anything, to try and reverse the immense damage that has already been done.
Today I’m giving you some suggestions on things that you can build into your lifestyle to make changes and shift towards greater sustainability. Because I know all too well that a big part of the issue can be about trying to find the time to research different products and companies, and to even know where to begin.
My personal awareness around the environment has increased dramatically in the past couple of years. I’ve always considered myself to be a pretty forward thinker and something of an environmentalist, but things have taken a big turn in the last 12 months especially, and I want to share some of what I’ve picked up along the way with you.
- Carbon offsets for travelling
- Different sustainable products ranging from water bottles, shoes, laptop cases, luggage & travel gear, toiletries & more
- Fast fashion and how a lot of the materials our clothes are made from are outliving us in landfills by hundreds of years
- Reduce, Re-use, Recycle: the third “R” is failing us, because we aren’t doing enough reducing and re-using. I’m offering suggestions on how to do more of both those things that will actually *save* you money.
- Single-use plastics and the ban Canada has coming into place in 2021
- Some of the things I’ve seen in Bali, both good and bad, around environmental issues and the differences between here and North America
One of the most important things I discuss in this episode is that we should all want to support companies that represent what we want to see more of in the world: diverse, female owned, living wages to their employees, and as many sustainable practices built into how they do business as possible.
And here’s a newsflash for you: your dollars talk. Corporations listen to money, and when we stop supporting companies that aren’t supporting what we want to see, they’re forced to change. That’s the way to make it happen.
I’m interested to hear your thoughts on this one, let me know what kinds of practices you’ve introduced in your own life to more towards greater sustainability, or things that you plan on implementing right away!
Additionally, I’ve listed a ton of awesome people, resources and companies below to take a closer look at 👇🏽
References mentioned in this episode:
Cool Effect (Carbon Offset)
Private Facebook Group: Room to Grow Podcast
Facebook: @ Emily Gough Coaching
PLUS! Want to be a badass podcast guest? You’re going to want to grab this highly requested guide walking you through every step of the way to have your interviewers begging you to come back on, and the listeners wanting to learn everything they can from you! Grab your guide HERE.
Questions? Comments? Want to connect and chat? You can email me at email@example.com, or DM me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoach with any questions, comments, or takeaways! Plus, I would absolutely love to connect with you and thank you for listening in real life. It makes me day to see you listening to the podcast and fills me up with pure joy. Seriously. See you on the ‘gram!