I have to be honest with you: I’ve had a shit storm of a year.
There has been near-constant emotional upheaval, periods of the extremely high anxiety when it has felt hard to get out of bed or off the couch, enormous struggle and incredibly painful growth.
The interesting part is that most people close to me haven’t even been aware of it, because I’ve kept my cards very close to my chest and haven’t been ready to share. If I’m honest, it’s largely because explaining what I’ve been dealing with has felt utterly exhausting and somehow easier to try and struggle under the weight of it all.
I’m in Naples, Florida right now at a business mastermind retreat with my coach and some incredible female entrepreneurs, and I recorded this episode last night while in a bathrobe, pacing my hotel room and hoping that my neighbours didn’t mind the occasional f-bomb while recording, ha! Normally I record podcast episodes further in advance, but I suspected I was going to have a lot come bubbling to the surface with this retreat and wanted to try and capture it in real time for you so that you can learn right alongside me.
Whether of not you are an entrepreneur, you’re going to be able to pull lessons from this that will apply in your own life.
- Determining what season of life you’re in and allowing yourself to sit in the discomfort of that if it’s not where you want to be.
- Showing yourself some grace and compassion to accept where you’re currently at.
- How to avoid all of the resistance, struggle and push-back when we’re trying to get somewhere we aren’t yet ready to go.
- Why you still have to take action and work to put energy out into the universe for things like manifestation and the law of attraction to actually work.
- Figuring out the bigger why behind your struggles, and honouring that process because it can often take you down a different path that was designed with you in mind.
- Asking for what you want in life.
I have to admit, there were a few times I had to take some deep breaths because I was beginning to get emotional during recording.
I’m leaving Naples today with my soul absolutely lit on fire in the best possible ways, and I hope this episode will do the same for you.
Want to chat more and do a deeper dive into this topic and get access to live videos, exclusive guest appearances and discussions? The Room to Grow Podcast Facebook group is a judgement-free safe space to open up, and I’d love to welcome you in with the other amazing women in the group. It’s the best place to go for a little extra support. See you over there!
And, if you can take a screenshot of this episode and tag me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoachI would absolutely love to connect with you and thank you for listening in real life! It makes me day to see you listening to the podcast and fills me up with pure joy. Seriously. See you on the ‘gram!
Room to Grow Podcast, episode #35: Grief, Empowerment & Letting Go of Expectations with Athena Concannon
Room to Grow Podcast, episode #25: Dealing with Anxiety: Growing Through Taking Action
Room to Grow Podcast, episode #23: Building Your Life & Business in Full Alignment with Maryalice Goldsmith
Room to Grow Podcast, episode #12: Taming Your Inner Mean Girl: Building Connection & Tribe