I’ve gotten a lot of requests about how to get that glow when it comes to your skin, and I’ve put together a skin 101 episode for you that will help establish the foundation of how to get great skin.
Plus, I’m sharing how I recently had some eczema appear on my face and cheeks and explaining what I think happened to trigger it, and how I was able to get it under control in a relatively short period of time. Everyone’s skin is different and will react in different ways, so hopefully this will give you a starting point to start experimenting with what works for you!
Here’s what I want you to remember most from this episode: our skin is an organ and anything we put on it is absorbed straight into the bloodstream, not filtered through the liver first.
This means paying more attention to not only what we’re putting in our bodies and we treat ourselves, but we need to be very careful about what we put on our skin and come into contact with.
Some areas covered in today’s episode:
- How sleep impacts EVERYTHING when it comes to our skin
- Why our skin is a reflection of what’s going on in the gut, and how we can better support our gut health (plus chatting about poop. Yes, we’re going there, and yes, it all relates to your skin!)
- What you might need to be adding to your water in the fall to keep your skin healthy and clear
- Some basic kitchen ingredients that make amazing face masks
- How often to exfoliate
- The importance of wearing sunscreen on your face 365 days/year
- What kind of sunscreen to look for and how to educate yourself on what you want to
- Why less is more when it comes to our skin
Stay tuned for a very special Q & A episode next week for #50! Hit subscribe wherever you listen so you don’t miss it 😉
Want to chat more and do a deeper dive into this topic and get access to live videos, exclusive guest appearances and discussions? The Room to Grow Podcast Facebook group is a judgement-free safe space to open up, and I’d love to welcome you in with the other amazing women in the group. It’s the best place to go for a little extra support. See you over there!
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or DM me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoach with any questions, comments, or takeaways! Plus, I would absolutely love to connect with you and thank you for listening in real life. It makes me day to see you listening to the podcast and fills me up with pure joy. Seriously. See you on the ‘gram!