posted this on social media on my birthday months ago, and people have referred back to it often. It turned out to be my most-saved post of 2021!
I refer back to this list often too, because these are the lessons I try to live by and incorporate into my everyday life.
Here’s a handful we’ll be talking about:
- Pain can be your greatest teacher. But don’t forget to feel it before trying to skip to the lessons.
- Trust your inner knowing. Intuition is a combination of logic and feeling. Don’t beat yourself up for not getting your intuition right the first time – logic can only be learned through lived experiences. You have to live it to learn it.
- Letting go may be the secret to happiness. Because life is a series of happy moments strung together, but you’ll miss them if you’re too busy searching for that one destination.
- One trip traveling solo is equivalent to at least 5 years of therapy.
- Trust = clarity + choice
- You won’t know the strength or depth of a connection until it’s been tested by conflict.
And 29 more! 😉
Let me know what you think, and what can we add to the list?! Send me a DM and we’ll keep the list going.
The Capacity for Compassion Masterclass
Episode 238 | 20 Things Not Worth Postponing in Life
Episode 248 | Grief, Love & Why One Cannot Exist Without the Other
Episode 249 | Developing the Capacity for Unconditional Love
Episode 260 | How to Let Go & Recover From Loss
Episode 264 | The 4 Key Components of Connection that Will Change Your Relationships
Episode 275 | Connection Over Control: Where Are You Faking It in Your Relationship?
Episode 287 | A Relationship Ending is Never a Failure, It’s an Introduction to a New Version of Yourself
Episode 289 | Consistency is Sexy as F*ck in Relationships
Episode 292 | Be So F*cking Loyal to Your Personal Transformation That You Become Unshakeable
Episode 297 | Slowly, Slowly, Slowly, Suddenly: Setting Intentions for a New Year
Episode 304 | The Sacred Liminal Space: Between the Familiar & the Unknown
Episode 306 | Changing How We Define Emotional STrength & Recognizing Emotions as Data
CONNECT WITH EMILY
Book a private coaching call with Emily to work together.
Emily Gough Coaching
Room to Grow Podcast
Questions? Comments? Want to connect and chat about this episode? You can email me at email@example.com, or DM me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoach or Facebook at Emily Gough Coaching. I would absolutely love to connect with you and thank you for listening in real life and here any takeaways you had from this or other episodes!. It makes me day to see you listening to the podcast and fills me up with pure joy. Seriously. See you on the ‘gram!
If Instagram and Facebook aren’t your jam, send me a good old fashioned email! firstname.lastname@example.org