We’re talking about 12 hard lessons learned over the past year, but first I wanted to let you know….
OPEN FOR ENROLLMENT: PODCASTING FOR IMPACT: The Course.
This is the project I’ve been working on for months, and it’s going to teach you how to not only bring your podcast to life, but to increase your visibility, promote yourself and your podcast, use it to grow your business in a strategic way, and most importantly, help you to have a massive positive impact on the very people you’re trying to reach that need to hear from you.
Tomorrow is my birthday, and that usually puts me in a reflective mood.
It got me thinking: some people would say I’ve had a *really* bad year.
And yet, I’m calling it a smashing success.
In the course of less than 1.5 years, I’ve managed to:
- Quit my FT corporate job after more than a decade
- Pivot my entire business focus (from holistic nutrition to podcasting & business coaching
- End my long-term relationship of 9 years
- Sell my house, car, and almost everything I owned
- Left Canada to move to Bali, the farthest corner of the globe that I could go from my hometown (literally – I googled it), on a “working vacation”….and have ended up living here instead of leaving.
- Made more new friends and incredible connections than I could even count
- Put more muscle on my frame than I’ve ever had
- Built greater emotional strength & resilience than I knew was possible
- Gain whole new levels of confidence in myself and my ability to handle things when shit hits the fan
- Laugh harder and more often than I have in years
I’ll be honest, I barely recognize the person I was a year ago, and in today’s episode I’m sharing 12 of the biggest lessons I’ve taken away from the past year.
This episode addresses everything from how unexpected and inconvenient grief and the healing process can be, how motivation and inspiration are wildly different, the fact that we are often the ones in our own way, best ways to force yourself to take action, and feeling untethered in life while simultaneously creating your own family.
I really felt this one on a deep level and I’m excited to share some of my biggest takeaways this year because I think there’s a lot that all of us can learn and apply in various ways in our own lives.
Here’s to 33! Because there’s only one thing I’m certain about: I’m just getting warmed up.
Want to join the conversation or connect with Emily? Connect below!
CONNECT WITH EMILY
Facebook: @ Emily Gough Coaching
Questions? Comments? Want to connect and chat? You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or DM me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoach with any questions, comments, or takeaways! Plus, I would absolutely love to connect with you and thank you for listening in real life. It makes me day to see you listening to the podcast and fills me up with pure joy. Seriously. See you on the ‘gram!